Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beyond the Myth and updates ;)

I didn't realize I really had any readers for this blog anymore- and then I got a comment reminding me that some people do want updates! So here I go again!

Shelby Angel is still at the Humane Society in Memphis. She has a "lifestyle" room, which is really great because visitors can see her through the glass. Lucky girl! I am still volunteering as a dog walker, so I get to see whenever I get a chance. She just goes nuts when I come around. :)

Shelby is the epitome of loyal. The other day another dog walker had her out in a pen for some playtime. When I arrived, she was really, really excited to see me and we had a chance to play a little bit. When it was time for her to go in, the dog walker could not get her to budge. Shelby just planted her feet and refused to budge a single inch...looking back over her shoulder at me the whole time. I had to walk in with them so she would follow me. I mean, she is just a lover and a good girl...just soooooo loyal. She loves people, and she really, really loves specific people! ;) She just has an amazing ability to bond and attach strongly.

But, her forever home still has not come along. I generally leave her in tears- it is just so frustrating to me. But, I am also frustrated for all of the other great dogs up there as well. I could go on and on and on about this..... the blind eye our society turns to animal abuse, my ignorant co-workers that want to breed their dogs even though there are millions of animals put to sleep every year, the tons and tons of people I know that refuse to spay/neuter.

Okay- so here is my plug for today. Please go see this movie, buy a ticket, or just make a donation. I am a huge supporter of pit bulls. I have had nothing but positive experiences with them and I am PISSED that they are so abused. If people were fighting labs, there would be a huge outcry. But because "pit bulls" have received a bad reputation, it is as though people just don't really care that they are tortured in ways we cannot fathom. I do have a goal- Shelby Angel has given me a goal. I know I cannot do it now, but I am forever plotting and planning. One day I will have a place where all pit bulls will be welcome to come and rest, live, and love. (and then I might become a cop at age 50 and bust up and lock up every single animal abuser- someone has to do it!!!!!)

GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!



Wednesday, June 15th 7:00 PM, Malco Studio On The Square

Advance movie tickets $12 each, $15 at the door

Movie and after movie party, $27 advance- Slider Inn,

(2117 Peabody Ave. at Peabody/Cooper Ave.)

Purchase tickets at:http://www.beyondthemythmovie.com/screenings.shtml

Performance by soundtrack artist, Kimber Cleveland


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates on SA. I do keep up with how she is doing, but love to see her blog updates.

    I hope she finds her forever home soon. She and all the other dogs at the HS so deserve it.

    We want to move back to Memphis. When we do, if she is still there and I can buy some land that sweet girl is coming to our house. Of course, you would have visitation rights whenever you wanted!

    Give her lots of love from us!

    ReplyDelete